Saturday, February 23, 2013

Moving Right Along...

What I am learning about this surrogacy thing is that it is a big ole game of  HURRY UP ... and wait... and then a whole bunch of stuff happens all at once.

I received a couple more emails yesterday. One confirming that the days we want to go to CA  are OK and to keep my eyes peeled for confirmations of flights, hotels and my rental car. Apparently usually you get a driver for this visit, but because Chris and I want to take a couple extra hours in LA to see Yoshi, we are getting a rental car instead. I'm not sure I want the responsibility of driving in LA, But I do appreciate the freedom it will give us.

20 weeks pregnant with Adelia.
In Roatan.
Next Email was from New Life agency letting me know that my application was sent to underwriting. I don't really know what this means, but I'm told it's a good deal. I'm pretty sure this also means that my own insurance agency has a surrogacy exclusion cause. That has NO impact on me, but it does mean my IPS will have to spend a bit more money than if I had been able to use my own insurance policy. Sorry, guys.

Super exciting to know that I could be reviewing profiles within the next 6-8 weeks. But, I do want to wait till May 7 or so to do my first transfer. I'm taking an Alaskan cruise and while it won't be party central with two kids and my aunt and uncle... I so enjoy the banana daiquiris and wine at dinner. That said.... sigh.... this is a far bigger and better cause. So if it works out that way, it works out that way. I've been pregnant on a cruise before. But if I am too far along I'd also have to skip my Glacier climb, and that WOULD stink....

No comments:

Post a Comment